Saturday, January 19, 2008

What A Day!

This has been a long day for me. My first effort at moderating a Candidate Forum, and while I got positive feedback, I could have done better. All the same, we spent the time fielding questions from the audience, and asked 3 questions (Voter ID, CTA Funding, Ethics) that were arrived at by the RPV board. I was told 45 people showed up, and if their enthusiastic applause at the end was any indication, they were satisfied with the forum.

I think voters do best hearing from the candidates directly and judging whether they are hearing well-rehearsed spin or comments from the heart. They certainly got that opportunity today. The Primary is on Feb 5 and I do hope that folks come out and VOTE!

I don't know if anyone took notes or if they will post them. As far as journos are concerned; Lorraine Swanson was present, as was a reporter from the Loyola Phoenix. Keep an eye on those news sources as you may find useful info there.

We weren't videotaped, although one individual was present with a very impressive looking, likely a professional version, camera. And to think I had my stylist pay extra attention to my hair! Well Mr. Demille, I was ready for my closeup, where were you?

No comments: