Saturday, October 13, 2007

AM Auto Wreck

Sheridan is blocked from about Sherwin to Touhy due to an accident, starting about 6:15 AM. It's 7:42 AM now, and I have no clue when the street will reopen. The 147 is being re-routed down Touhy for the duration.

I went out at 6:22 AM for an early walk and heard sirens, lots of sirens, all south of me. In about 5 minutes I found out why. A black Cadillac (newer model) had tangled with a mini-schoolbus at Chase and Sheridan. An onlooker I spoke to said no one saw it but they did hear it. The driver of the Caddy was being removed from his car as I came up. The side curtain airbags were deployed. Good thing too, as his side of the car, especially from the front end back to the passenger door, was really chewed up. This car had Livery plates, and I wonder if he was on his way to a pickup.

The bus' back end by the left rear tire was damaged, but the bus just didn't look as bad as that Caddy did. I have no idea how this one happened. The Caddy was sitting on the south side of the intersection facing easterly, the bus exactly the opposite.

When I got back to the intersection, about 40 minutes later, the police were still there doing their investigation and that's when I got the good look at the Caddy and the bus. Never did see the bus driver and no idea if any passengers were in the vehicles.

Not a good start to Saturday for either of them.

No comments: