Sunday, July 22, 2007

Doing the Math

Toni has broken out the calculator in regards to the infamous Pink Postcard Affair from the election. D-2s are a wonderful tool and Toni points out the postage expenditures that occur immediately prior to the April 12 and April 13 stamping of the postcards:

But if we take the total spent $798+$360/.24 we get a total number of postage allowed at 4963 postcards of which more than 600 were returned.

I am sure our alderman would, if asked, suggest that:
a) it's a coincidence
b) Toni is flat out wrong about any connection

From my perspective this looks like more than a coincidence, so Toni could be right on the mark here, not that anyone will ever step up and take responsibility. If anything, they are certain no one will spill the beans and give up the truth. Maybe if we offer a reward. I wonder how much the truth would cost in lieu of a patronage job. Of course they have to testify under oath.

I believe the case can be made that this is in fact another example of bad behavior by the alderman and his cronies. It's yet another reason to look for alternatives in the next election cycle.

4 comments:

Fargo said...

Seems likely that it's not a coincidence. Same s&*#, different election cycle.

Unknown said...

perhaps some election judge loyal to the alderman will convince us this is all a frame by the Bush administration

Hugh said...

I am sure our alderman would, if asked, suggest that:
a) it's a coincidence
b) Toni is flat out wrong about any connection

why are you so sure?

this has not happened yet

to my knowledge Moore has not commented on the pink postcards

all we have so far is Craig's video of Moore's no comment

I would like to see a public, written denial and a denouncement of the strategy

Kheris said...

I was postulating a possible reaction. Why am I so sure? Toni's posts, and a conversation we had, suggest to me that he would distance himself and try to make her look bad.

I don't think he'll make himself vulnerable by publicly (or privately) commenting, let alone producing a written denial or apology.

What's your take on those D-2s? They sure look fishy from here.