Saturday, April 21, 2007

An Invitation

OK. God knows I've made enough noise, and folks have commented all around about what to do for the future, so here goes:

I am proposing that those individuals who are interested in:

a) Holding the Alderman (regardless of who it is) accountable for taking care of the ward

b) Cooling the heat and rebuilding bridges between all who participated in the runoff, regardless of who they supported

Contact me at kheris@kheris.net to arrange a meet on April 28 @ 2PM or later. I don't have a location yet, although my condo would do as well as any. If you have a suggestion as to location, let me know. I'll post the final time and location by Friday April 27.

I reiterate what I believe: RP is a great place to live and it has to grow and evolve if it is to continue to be a great place to live. A healthy RP does not include crime ridden housing, gang banging or drug dealing. There are folks, like Toni Duncan, who are already dealing with these issues in their neighborhood. We need to come up with a strategy to ensure the Alderman takes appropriate action or is called out for failing to take action. We cannot see right now what the future will look like, but we sure as hell can propose alternatives and document the outcomes of Aldermanic (in)action.

Are you interested? Do you want to give it a try? Let me know.

Kheris@kheris.net

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm interested. Keep me posted.

Unknown said...

I'm interested. Keep me posted.

Hillari said...

I'm running all the time, but keep me posted. I may be able to make a meeting in the future.

Jocelyn said...

I have family in town this weekend, but keep me in the loop too please! If by chance I can make it, I will.

Is anyone showing up for the Ward Cleanup next weekend??

clb said...

I am interested in helping.

I will be at the clean up on May 5 too.