Monday, October 09, 2006

Full Disclosure

I believe in full disclosure, even if others choose to be coy.

This blog remains independent as myself, I don't belong to any political party. Right now the Dems and Reps have so thoroughly disgraced themselves, and demonstrated a staggering lack of leadership across all venues that I see no point in making the effort to choose one or the other. I'll stick to the individuals who are running and hope for the best.

I did go down to Ginderske HQ and stuck my name on the dotted line on Jim's behalf. We'll see if he makes it to the ballot.

I am a federal manager, which means I am hit with the double whammy of the Hatch Act and employee perception. Translation: whatever good I can do as a private citizen during election season cannot be trucked into the workspace. Additionally, how much good I can do is limited by the Hatch Act, and very soon we will go through the biennial ritual of reciting Hatch Act do's and don'ts. In 2 years none of this will matter as I will have joined the ranks of the retired, and God help us all then!

No comments: